Local Team Information
- Limited to six players, one Coach and one Assistant Coach.
- Members must be entering grades 6-9.
- Only three team members may be “in play” at one time.
- Player substitutions are allowed, at the discretion of the Team Coach, when the team is in downtime.
- Each team will participate in four rounds.
- Guests are welcome.
- Teams will compete in one of three Regional Competitions.
Regional Battle Rounds
- Twenty questions will be posed to each team per round.
- To assure all titles are Battled, two titles will be announced at the beginning of each round and the questions for that round will only come from those titles.
- Questions will be posed to individual teams that will then have five seconds to answer.
- Answers may take any form: author, title, character, setting, plot, detail or quote identification.
- Decisions of the Judges are final.
- Teams that call out an answer out of turn will lose a point and the team in play will immediately receive a new question.
- At the discretion of the Battle Staff, guests creating a disruption may be asked to leave the room for the remainder of the round.
- At the discretion of the Judge, teams creating a disruption may lose a point.